|| For Freelancers & Entrepreneurs |
Mobile Apps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated and are developed for different purposes. Among the emergent apps for any mobile platform are those used in businesses and other professional enterprises. Regardless of the scale of your business and the type of smart phone you use, the following mobile apps are sure to enhance your productivity, efficiency, and business network.
1. Skype. Sans the apps, phones are basically tools for communicating with customers, partners, investors, staff, and other stakeholders, after all. However, calls--especially of the variety that crosses international borders--can be very expensive. The popular online communication platform, skype can be very helpful, indeed. Use Skype for video calling, instant messages, and chatting for free.
2. Documents To Go. This app allows the creation, editing, storage, and sharing of various documents in the most popular formats such as .doc, .xls, .ppt, and pdf. Perfect for reviewing presentations, reports and business plans on the go.
3. Remember the Milk: This app is great for people who need to accomplish multiple tasks on a regular basis. In a nutshell, Remember the Milk is an online To Do List that is synched with a mobile computing device.
4. Evernote. This app leverages the huge potential of cloud computing by allowing the user to upload just about any file: handwritten notes, text notes, video files, photos, and web pages to a personal account over the cloud. It then allows the user to sync the data with other computing devices such as any critical information uploaded by a smart phone can be accessed by a synced laptop or desktop computer.
5. Dropbox. This is a very useful online file management and sharing application that uses cloud computing to allow easier access to authorized users and more storage space. Dropbox is perfect for sharing various documents and photos to friends, relatives, colleagues and business contacts.
Quite a lot of mobile apps are now being developed for businesses and these are just the tip of the iceberg. Given the demonstrated indispensability of smart phones in conducting personal or organizational business, app stores will see the introduction of more advanced and specialized apps that are designed to perform business tasks ranging from the very simple to very complex ones that formerly required networked desktops to accomplish.